~ In every season, Life's Garden provides blessings. Along our journey, we are given breathtaking glimpses of heaven, we often just have pause long enough to recognize these glimpses for what they truly are. Welcome to my attempt to bloom where I've been planted -- among the sweet blossoms and tangled thorns. I invite you to come look and see how God lovingly makes roses to bloom.~
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Opening the Windows of Heaven
~ A thankful attitude opens windows of heaven. Spiritual blessings fall freely onto you through those openings into eternity. Moreover, as you look up with a grateful heart, you get glimpses of Glory through those windows. You cannot yet live in heaven, but you can experience foretastes of your ultimate home. Such samples of heavenly fare revive your hope. Thankfulness opens you up to those experiences, which then provide further reasons to be grateful. Thus, your path becomes an upward spiral: ever increasing in gladness.
Thankfulness is not some sort of magic formula; it is the language of Love, which enables you to communicate intimately with Me. A thankful mind-set does not entail a denial of reality with its plethora of problems. Instead, it rejoices in Me, your Savoior, in the midst of trials and tribulations. I am your refuge and strength, an ever-present and well-proved help in trouble. ~ Taken from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
Not sure about you but I resonate with these words, especially this week.
I'm on day 4 of 5 of adjusting to my new life with 3 kids for the first time alone as my sweetheart is gone all week across the country for work.
Some moments have been pure joy as I have witnessed and been the recepient of God's grace and love for me flowing through other people...and, as life would have it, there have been moments filled with a "plethora of problems".
Some people can do great with just a few hours of sleep, I however am not one of them. I do not do well when sleep deprived (and it just so happens our sweet newborn enjoys eating several times in the middle of the night) and I also do equally poorly when I have to be alone, especially at night. When you put the combo together, well, let's just say that I am not blossoming and anything flowing through me does not usually come out fruitful without the help of the Lord.
Today, as I read this portion of my devotional book, I am reminded of the beauty and blessings that can flow to and from me when I demenstrate a thankful heart. On my own I am a LONG, LONG ways from this, but as I sit in Jesus presence, I really do receive glimpses of Glory. It's amazing how that happens!
"Though the fig tree may not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines; though the labor of the olive may fail, and the fields yield no food; though the flocks be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls -- yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." ~ Habakkuk 3:17
If you are also finding it difficult to be thankful, I would encourage you to spend a few moments hanging out with Jesus...your circumstances may not change, but its amazing what happens when thankfullness comes flooding in!
2 comments:
Lovely words. Thank you for sharing. I'm praying for you tonight!
Thankful you've made it through the week!! AND that we get to see you in 2 weeks :).
Post a Comment