Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring Break -- Ocean Camping Trip 2013


Oregon Coast -- Spring Break Camping Trip


We began and ended our 7-day camping trip in high (relentless) winds and pouring rain.  Thankfully, we were blessed with sunshine sweetly sandwiched in between...


One of favorite of the rainy days was spent at the aquarium





I've never seen so many different types of starfish before!


So many amazing beaches...



... So little time!  :)



Kite Flying, Always a Hit!


Truly Stunningly Beautiful Coast Line, including Picturesque Lighthouses


Homemade apple pancakes for breakfast topped the boys' lists



Apparently, this, (pictured above), is "how ninja's fly kites"...


Our 13th Anniversary!  :)









I somehow managed to capture all 3 boys in one frame...VERY rare at the beach!



There are now cool devices that attach a kite string to your belt loop...like taking your kite for a walk...and that's just what he's doing (pictured above)...


3 Amigos


We had an awesome time when our dear friends came to visit us for the day!


T and his best friend



This beautiful bridge took us in and out of town from our campground...one of the days, my sweetheart took the boys back to camp so I could run across this bridge when the sun was out!



One of our two campsites was right on the ocean...truly breathtaking!


The view from our tent trailer windows!!


This is our new (used) tent trailer named Herbie (named by our 2 year old, after the famous old Disney race car that our Little Prince is IN LOVE with -- Meet the newest member of our family!  After camping 7 days in it, we can now say that it's our home away from home.  :)


P and wildlife are never far apart!  This sweet bunny followed P around and to his great delight, even waited outside P's window at our tent trailer two mornings in a row for him.  :)


I LOVE this pic my sweetheart took of the boys for me while I was on a run...cute combo of bare feet, rain boots and tennis shoes!



Their Boy Adventure



Another one of our favorite beaches


We can't get enough pics of this cute boy -- even if he doesn't look most of the time!



I was taking pics of the beach when I caught this guy out of the corner of my eye...I had to do a double take...YES, the surfer dude IS for real!  :)



This little camper could not stay awake at the campfire on the last night...


Our Spring Break, Oregon Coast 2013

1 comment:

Laura said...

OH. MY. WORD. These pictures are AMAZING!! Looks liks an amazing (maybe not restful?) week! Can't wait to hear more about it.