Now, in my neck of the woods, fireflies are only enjoyed in pictures and movies -- and etched in my memories of our summer evenings spent in Georgia.
As I think more about my desire for these iridescent little bugs, I realize that it is me actually missing something much deeper. I really miss Shannon and all my dear neighbors and church family there. I miss our simple life with just one child.
I miss being able to wear shorts and a tank top at 11 at night and be very comfortable. I miss the woods as you drive through our neighborhood -- thick with Georgian pines. I miss our house.
Although teary-eyed, I am filled with thankfulness as I draw upon these sweet memories. What a blessing to be able to have had this special time in our life...
Just as the little lights from fireflies appear so brilliantly in contrast to the dark night sky, so do my fond memories glow warmly -- long after the sun has set on our time there.
I think I'll just sit for a moment longer and dream of fireflies and days gone by.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." ~ Dr. Seuss
5 comments:
We have those moments too....although we have lived here our whole married life....we often dream of living in another town we most of our friends are, our old pastor is, etc.
Awww, sweet girl, I miss you all, too. That was such a special time in our lives, and we have those memories for the REST of our lives! BTW...did I tell you that your house is for sale again? Hello??? How much louder does God have to yell at you? I know...just teasing. Love you guys! ~Shannon
:) God does work in mysterious ways!
I'll catch a few fireflies for you tonight, and you can breath some of that fresh mountain air for me :). Love you!
We miss you, too!
Post a Comment