Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Wait is Over

Several weeks ago my husband and I found out that we were pregnant.  We were imediately excited! 

As with all my pregnancies, I had something come up last week that was very concerning.  I began spotting.  We had an ultrasound but could only see a little bit of the baby off and on last week and were told that it must be really early and that we need to come back this week for another look.

This afternoon what we saw broke our hearts and ended our wait to know if our precious baby is ok.  The placenta is healthy and strong and at 9 weeks.  But looked empty.  The baby was lost last week sometime and asorbed into the placenta.

We go tomorrow morning for a DNC.

The pain is once again revisited.  We've been here before.  Hearts so anticipitory are now again heavy.  I can think of a million ways I would like to spend my Thanksgiving week...this is NOT on my list.

We told T last week.  He immediately told us that we were having a princess.  I LOVE that image.  And now, our princess has gone home to her King.

9 comments:

Miller Moments said...

Dear Friend, I'm so sorry! No words can bring comfort right now, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kimberly-Joy said...

Oh Julie Anne, I am so sorry. Our hearts are so heavy for you right now. I was crying as I read your post to Michael. We are on our knees for you, especially tomorrow. What an incredibly difficult time. We love you!!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry JulieAnne. I've never experienced this so I don't know what it feels like to go through this but I can imagine it would be very painful. Thank heavens for your two healthy little loves. I have faith more little loves will be along soon. . .

Christy said...

Dear friend, we are so sorry for your heartbreak! You are in our prayers. We love you!

Unknown said...

When I read the first part of your post, I was so excited to get to the bottom so I could post my congrats - but then....

CRAP!!! I'm so sorry about what happened. You're not alone as lots of us know what it is like to lose a baby. But your faith is strong and I know that you will only get stronger from this trial.
Chin up my friend!! and hope your holidays will be okay :)

Emma and Luke said...

Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be. You are in my thoughts and prayers! I love the image of your precious little Princess being with her King... I hope that brings you some comfort during these difficult days. Thinking of you!

Renee said...

Oh, Julianne. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will ask the Father to comfort you as you mourn, as He promises.

jrteacherlady said...

Julie Anne, you are in my thoughts and prayers... What a difficult thing to have to go through. Take care and good luck tomorrow.

Kristen said...

Oh Julie Anne, I am so so sorry. I'm praying for you right now...