Monday, May 31, 2010

Family Time at Home

Last week and this next week we have the special treat of having my wonderful husband home all day with us while he's in between jobs.


He has been offered a great opportunity at another company and after much prayer, wise council and deep consideration, he has accepted and will start next Monday (right after our much anticipated 20-week ultrasound art 9:30 am!!!).

It's been great having him home each day and we have already soaked up a bit of needed family time.  And, to stay true to the achiever that my dear husband is, we have also accomplished some major projects around our house too!  :)

The biggest undertaking was removing everything from the master closet, tearing out the existing wire shelves/racks and replacing it with closet organizing units.  This project took the good part of 2 days.

BEFORE:


DURING:


AFTER:


The boys had a blast with all the cardboard boxes after all the shelves were built!







We've now gone through all most the whole house, all but the boys' closets and our laundry room.  Every other room has had everything pulled out, reorganized, cleaned, purged then put back together again.

Although I could think of many other ways to spend time together, I keep telling myself that I'll really appreciate this when I am wanting to nest at the end of pregnancy but don't have the energy.  :)

My husband even spurred on a full Thanksgiving meal with a little help at the end from my mother-in-law and father-in-law...just think of it as "Thanksgiving Day in May"!

Fresh homemade bread, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and our favorite jello pretzel dish accompanied the turkey.  Since it has been pouring rain for the last couple of weeks and temp is hovering in the 50's, it seemed only appropriate!





YUMMY!!!  :)

I don't know what we'll do when he has to go back to work again!!

3 comments:

Miller Moments said...

How fun! Home improvement projects are always so satisfying. What is your husband going to do now? Is it closer to home? I miss you! Maybe we can get together soon.

Kristen said...

What a blessing for you! I'd love a closet make-over!

Congrats on your husband's new job!

Unknown said...

I love it!!! they look fabulous! Great job to you both!