Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Growing Chickens, Children and Puppy -- Tales of a Homesteading Momma Part 3


My oh MY how our sweet chicks have grown!  Still, only a month and a half old, they look more like chickens than baby chicks.



In fact, we are moving them into their "big girl henhouse" later this week!  Complete with an attached chicken run!  (Pics to come!)

While T was playing at a friend's house and P was busy doing his chicken chores, S wanted to pose for a photo shoot, sooo...here are the pics of our seemingly equally-quickly-growing boys (note the pure JOY of these sweet boys here on the homestead AND the missing 2 front teeth in the pics as you scroll down!  Brace yourself, S was in a rare "posing-mood" and I ran with it!):














And, after some hard work in the chicken coop, P had a chance to recover and play as well:



Just for kicks, here's a blurry pic of our very spunky, almost 8 month old, growing puppy who escapes through our fence every chance he can:


And lastly, I couldn't help but smile when I saw the rocker on our front porch.  It was just begging to be captured!  When T got home, he was able to relax with his newly favorite stringed instrument (I need to post some of him playing too!):


Just another sweet and sunny summer day here on the homestead.  Joy around every corner!  Words fail to describe our gratefulness to our gracious God to be able to partake in something this lovely.  

No comments: