Saturday, November 22, 2008

Beautiful Snow-Covered Christmas Trees

Perfect snowflakes gently and gracefully descended upon us silently as they all appeared to dance down in rhythm from heaven above. All the while, we carefully climbed up the snowy mountain side, blazing new trails on a quest for the perfect Christmas tree. The large trees, blanketed with snow, almost seemed to sweetly whisper through the calm morning on the mountain. It was breathtaking to behold.



Did I mention that in the midst of this serene setting there was a 30 pound toddler strapped to my back and a 40 pound one on my husbands'?!




Even so, it was a wonderful family adventure! And yes, "adventure" is a perfect word to describe this excursion. Fun and memorable as well.



We and all our friends and family who joined us for our 8th-annual trip were successful in our search.





What a fantastically beautiful day!

I look forward to posting pictures of the newly relocated tree in our living room...(yes, we are a little early but wanted to beat the snow storms in the mountains that are promised to come within the next several days and weeks ahead).

6 comments:

Emma and Luke said...

Looks like fun!! It is hard to believe it's almost that time of year... the most wonderful time of the year! You got some wonderful pictures, I love the one of you and Mr. T... happy decorating!

Rachel said...

I'm loving that bare foot baby in the snow!

Renee said...

Amazing!! The picture of you and Mr. T made me tear up. What a sweet, sweet, picture. The family picture is beautiful as well. Looks like a marvelous way to usher in the Christmas season!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me here??? You are much more of a woman than I even knew before! And, I didn't know this was an annual thing. How come you never told me about this? My jaw is still dropped...amazing! ~Shannon

Christy said...

You guys amaze me!
That is all I can say!

Kate said...

wow, that is sooo awesome! i can't wait to see it all on display in your home. the smell of fresh pine and evergreen is so inviting!