Ever felt as though you are working SO hard to move through and meet all of life's demands -- yet even though you're moving forward it's actually just keeping you afloat - not helping make progress?!
Tomorrow afternoon will be the first full afternoon spent at home since last Thursday. I was able to spend an awesome weekend away with some dear ladies from our church on the women's retreat. Although I did not get more than 4 hours of sleep (total both nights), we laughed, cried, shared life stories, and learned more about God. It was some MUCH needed girl time.
Yesterday afternoon I arrived home in time to grab some lunch (at 4 pm), take a shower, then head off to our Bible study for the evening.
Today was another full but great day spent with my college roommate and another good college friend. It was so good to spend time catching up with these sweet gals that mean the world to me.
Between yesterday and today I spent 6 hours driving...more than the hours of sleep I got all weekend!
I'm exhausted, my laundry pile has completely filled our laundry room, (and beyond), I have had very little time with my sweet husband (who is about to leave again on another business trip), but yet I am feeling ok.
I may be treading water and getting further and further behind in the things that need to get done, but it's nice once in a while to step off the treadmill and change the pace.
I have high hopes for the rest of this week and I am excited to have my mom come this week!
2 comments:
I hope you can get some rest this week!! It was wonderful seeing you yesterday, even if only for a short time. We'll definitely plan another (longer) get together in early summer!!
thanks for coming all the way out to Lake Stevens on Monday!
It was a fun day.
Post a Comment