Just today I found myself attempting to embrace yet another chapter in our youngest son's life. To me, he's no doubt still my little baby...(all 33 pound of him!) :) He was invited to move up into the 2 year old CLASSROOM today at church. He's always been in the nursery with all the other babies until now.
After last weeks' adventure with him climbing up and diving off the little train table as well as the chairs in the nursery, his loving teachers felt that he might be more than ready to move up. He was SO ready. I was not.
Why was this so hard for me to move him down the hall to the next room?! The reality that my baby is 2 months shy of 2 years old hit me. Some parents celebrate these such occasions as a step in the right direction towards their own independence. I LOVE babies and am having a tough time seeing ours become little boys right before our eyes.
I am going to try to record some of the highlights more regularly for memory's sake.
Something as simple as tonight, the boys had a blast helping make some brownies...with highlight being that the got to experience licking a little of it too.
I am treasuring moments like these and holding tight to the precious smiles and giggles for I know that all too soon I will be missing them around me -- all day every day as they are right now.
When the days are long and the years are short, it leaves me utterly exhausted but thankful for special days like today.
3 comments:
this is SO true. good for you, taking advantage of these fleeting moments! lucy's about to turn FIVE, and joey just hit the 20-month mark, so i'm feeling very much the same these days... a good reminder to us all!
Time flies! They are so adorable!
loooooooooooove these pictures!!! love you!
Post a Comment