Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sunshine at the End of the Tunnel!

A good friend of mine e-mailed me yesterday to check in and see how I was surviving the week...I realized that I should post an update for anyone wanting to know how things are going without the help of my wonderful husband this week.

All things considered, things are going really well so far! With the insistence of my husband to do so, I hired our first ever baby sitter this morning! She is the sweetest 16 year old in the world, I think! (And we feel such a special bond with her since she was one of our flower girls 8 years ago).

I was able to work out, get Starbucks and browse a bookstore this morning! I am never out at that time of day without kids and had forgotten how pleasant it is to be out and about in the morning (without packing both boys in and out of the car/cart/stroller, etc.)! When I arrived home our baby was sleeping away and our 3 year old was ALL smiles and did not want her to leave! :) That was a GREAT treat!!

I believe the pure and beautiful sunshine at the end of the tunnel for me is coming this weekend! My awesome in-laws are taking both boys for the weekend!! I have never been away from our 13 month old over night and have not had that luxury with our 3 year old since last May when I was in the hospital!

So, we're going to be able to go camping at our favorite spot in the state!!! We're VERY excited! :)

Now, that's something that's worth pushing through the week for!

Tomorrow is the zoo and swimming lessons for our 3 year old and Friday night my sweet husband comes home! I think I can make it!

8 comments:

Emma and Luke said...

I'm so glad all is going well! I've been thinking about you! :) How great that the two of you get to go camping alone! Looking forward to the zoo tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You sound a little perkier today than last time I was here! Good to hear.

Hey, I had a morning to myself today, too, and it has been AGES since that happened. Thanks, music camp! :) That was fun.

Well, the weekend will be all the sweeter. On the bright side, aren't you happy that you DO miss each other, even after all these years? Trust me, there are lots of couples out there who would be glad for the break. Which is sad.

I've prayed for you several times this week - I'm so glad to hear a happy report. Only a couple more days!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Oh, thank you, thank you, Jen!!! I really can tell that I have been prayed for too!! You know when you just feel SO lifted up in a situation that you would not normally feel that way?! That has totally been this week for me!! God is so good and so faithful...why do I keep forgetting that?!

Thanks again for your prayers! It means the world to me :)

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Thanks, Sarah! I am SO excited about the zoo tomorrow!! It's been a great thing to look forward to this week! :)

Thanks for thinking of me...thankfully, I really am hanging in there!! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Julie Anne!!

Something you said reminded me of my life so I wanted to reconfirm what you are doing. When I had Blake (my 2nd "baby", he's now 5!) Jer was working a horrid schedule similar to having your husband gone out of town 3 weeks out of the month. I didn't want to be resentful b/c he was working hard for our family, but it is really tough to be home with two small boys and be on duty 24/7. So I, as well, hired a babysitter who came after school a few days a week for what I called my sanity break. I have since implemented this sanity sitter into my week ever since then. You will find that you will be so refreshed and READY to come home after your time away. I don't know if you are able to implement your sitter as a weekly thing, but I highly recommend it. My sitter/nanny comes 6-8 hours a week to give me breaks. I love it and I'm totally not resentful to my sugar daddy.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WOW!! Thanks Shannon!

That's an AWESOME idea!! I will sit down and see where in our budget we can cut something out so that I might be able to have help consistently. It's the uncertainty of when I can get a break that makes it seem SO long!

I'll look into it and let you know what I can come up with! :)

It's nice to know it's not just me that feels this way!

jrteacherlady said...

Good for you for getting a babysitter! I remember the days when WE were the babysitters... Ahhh the memories:) Have a great time camping:)

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

He, he, he!!! Those really WERE the days!!! :)