Saturday, August 23, 2008

Farm Fun and Picnic at the Lake



Today was filled to the fullest with summer fun! The morning started out with some good friends at a farm. There were rides, animals, a hay maze and a train! What more could little boys want?!

We spent some time looking at our budget last night and were excited that we've not only stayed on target this month, but actually had consistently cut back more than needed in many areas -- leaving us with a little extra money! Today's trip to the farm was our great little treat for reining in our spending for that last several weeks. After seeing the boys' smiles from ear to ear, we happily decided this was WELL worth every penny not spent sooner! :)













We came home to nap then headed back out for more fun with a picnic at the lake with family and friends. The evening ended with the boys taking a little sunset swim! We could not have asked for a more beautiful day! THIS is what summer is all about!







5 comments:

Christy said...

what a fun day!
what farm was it?
what lake?
I love days like that!

Emma and Luke said...

Looks like so much fun! I love how Preston just went for it - those pics. are priceless! I love the picture of you and T too!!

Kate said...

I LOVE the pictures! So precious! Where is that lake? It's beauuuuuutiful! - also, email me please! i wante to ask you a question (katetate at gmail dot com)
:)

Renee said...

Fun! I love it that you all are so committed to enjoying the outdoors together as a family! Have a great week, and thanks for the great wisdom on my blog!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day!! That's the beauty of journaling... you won't forget it. And neither will they. :)