Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My New Best Friend

I'd like to take a special moment and introduce you to my new best friend. That's right...Ms. Schwinn and I have now decided to become friends and spend time bonding, at least 3 times each week!

Ms. Schwinn was an impulse buy, (all my husband's idea, I assure you), from Costco 4 years ago and became a member of our family (right after I found out I was pregnant with our first child). Although she's been living with us for many years (and taking up WAY more room than we'd like her to), I have not taken the time to really get to know her like I should have.

A few weeks ago, when we redesigned our loft into a playroom, we decided that we either need to give her "the boot" out of our house, thus finding someone else that could come to know and love her, OR, we would have to commit to having regular get togethers with her -- making her really earn her keep around here.

So, the latter was her fate and, I have to say, I'm really LOVING her!! I'm now in week 2 of my new friendship with her and things are really going great! She is completely silent as I work hard to keep up with her demands (this is a CRUCIAL part of our relationship since the times spent together are right after the kids go down and she's not so conveniently placed in between the boys' rooms).

I have never been much of a tv watcher and often go months or more without turning it on, unless it's for a kids show...UNTIL NOW! Thanks to my acquaintance with Ms. Schwinn, I have discovered a whole world unknown to me before now! The Home Design Network!! WHO KNEW?! :)

Now, when my 30 minutes is done, I want to keep going since I'm SO into my new shows!!

Just kicking back with Ms. Schwinn, this should be great fun...ok, let's be honest, it's probably more "kicking" than the "back", but still!!

It is only the beginning, but I have a hunch that Ms. Schwinn is here to stay since now she's proved herself to be a very valuable companion, indeed! :)

3 comments:

Emma and Luke said...

WAY TO GO!!! I'm proud of you - that takes dedication and discipline! I on the other hand, continue to eat ALL the time and gain weight - and then complain but have decided I'm not disciplined enough to do anything about it. : ) HAHA! Maybe you'll inspire me over time. :) We had an eliptical (Jeff's idea) and finally gave it the "Craigslist" heave-ho after about 3 years when it had only been used maybe 4 times. :) Again, way to go - I hope you see results soon!

Kate said...

that's great! watching that show will make the 30 min. on ms. schwinn go by like a wink! plus you'll feel so great afterward! win win for all!! :)

Renee said...

Good for you. Next week my new exercise routine starts. I am so glad you have found one that works! Check out HGTV and TLC, too. I love HGTV and watch it when I get ready in the morning and sometimes for a minute or two in the afternoon while the baby sleeps. It's so fun!