Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Good Times with Ms. Schwinn Derailed


My wonderful exercise partner, Ms. Schwinn, had really been doing a fantastic job earning her keep in our house...until recently. She began to randomly make unpleasant noises as I pedaled along with her. Then, the randomness of her noises was replaced with a constant, pestering squeak. At first I tried my best to give her the benefit of the doubt. We all have less cooperative days, right?

Then, my husband began to hear her all the way downstairs (with the tv on). He was now curious about these peculiar sounds.

He decided to sit down with her get to the bottom of her noisy complaints and find out what her root issue really was. What he found out was not pretty. My workouts with her were really beginning to take a toll on her body. In fact, she had reached her limit and snapped. NO WONDER why she was not purring away softly like she used to!

So, after being derailed, her insides were mended (lovingly bolted together) and I am told that she's as good as new. I have not had the courage to really put her to the test yet but am telling myself that I really need to "get back on the horse" and give her the benefit of the doubt once again. Derailed she is no longer...but now I am. Tonight's the night to start again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My efforts at excercising ALWAYS get derailed - to the point that I'm afraid to try! Please, no stomach flu! Please, no sinus infections! Please, no crises of any sort!!!

Oh, those "best intentions..."