What fun! I am rediscovering something all over again, as an adult, when I witness the pure joy flowing from my children. Tonight they watched, with wide-eyes of wonderment, a pumpkin carved right before them for the very first time! It was delightful and beautiful!
When given the choice of a "happy" mouth or a "scary" mouth, Mr.T requested that the mouth be "scary"...I really think this is funny coming from him who does not yet know the true meaning of that word. But, at his request, that's the mouth that was created for him.
A job well done by my husband!
5 comments:
I love the "scary" mouth.
So fun! Thanks for reminding me we need to carve our pumpkins! How could I forget?
next year you need to read "The Pumpkin Patch Parable" by Liz Curtis Higgs along with the carving. it puts a spiritual spin on this halloween tradition, complete with Bible verses about how God cleans out the yucky stuff inside us and puts a light in us, etc.
it's a beautiful pumpkin! your hubby is very talented. :)
What a GREAT idea, Kelly!! I think I may have that book from when I taught 1st grade! :) That's a must!
I'm glad that you guys carved pumpkins this year!! YEAH! Looks like they had a good time... next year your little guy will probably be really into it, last year, Luke watched but didn't want much to do with it but this year he loved it! I like Mr. T's choice for the mouth, looks great!!
Post a Comment