Tonight was the evening my 3 year old has been talking about for months.
He was given the choice of many costumes in the store, but he chose to be a fireman -- simply because they are his heros! I was amazed as I watched him transform into a brave, confident and more-than-excited fireman as he donned his new outfit. He was provided a few hours to live out his dream! What a powerful experience it must have been for him!
For our spunky 17 month old, Tigger could not have been a more fitting costume. Although he has yet to learn how to bounce by himself, he is capable of MANY other motions. And, at times it does appear that he really does bounce off walls! :) He seemed to LOVE becoming one of the beloved characters adored daily in the theme of his nursery.
Tonight was an evening full of living out dreams. It was beautiful.
How often do we grown-ups actually take the time to live out our dreams? I have a hunch THAT would also be beautiful too!
4 comments:
you have a handsome firefighter! I like his hat :)
Tigger could not be cuter!
I am glad they had a fun evening!
Kyle had a BLAST too!
Very cute costumes! It looks like everyone had a good time!!
they are soo cute! so glad you had fun too! it's just so much fun to them so excited, ya know?!
the boys look adorable :) and i see chris carved a pumpkin... did the kids make a mess of that?! HOW FUN!!
btw, you really have a way with words! you should publish a godly inspirational book for moms!
Post a Comment