I've really enjoyed several gifts that people have lovingly given me/us over the past couple of months. It's the simple things sprinkled through life that can bring beauty and joy.
Here are a few of the new additions in our house...
This sweet angel that now sits upon our mantel was given to me by my husband's thoughtful cousin after our miscarriage.
This yummy smelling soy-candle now sits on the kitchen counter and was given to us by a really good friend from college for hosting a Christmas party.
This cute and incredibly squishy floor mat (like memory foam) from my dear husband sits under the kitchen sink (where I happen to spend many hours each week). By the way, if you like it, you can get one too at Costco for around $8!!
This adorable apron is from my in-laws for a birthday present...I smile just looking at the happy pattern!
This beautiful/relaxing picture from my sister and brother-in-law sits right above my computer. They took this picture (that I instantly fell in love with) on a recent trip in Germany. The colors, symmetry and style exude a sense of peace and serenity for me.
This awesome candy apple red basket, now sitting right by the door to the garage, was given to us from my in-laws for Christmas. I LOVE the bright, cheery color and equally love being able to keep all our winter hats and gloves in a cute container!
This sweet picture of Jesus embracing one of His children as they enter heaven is from my mom and step-dad...I grew up admiring this picture on our wall in our house and they thoughtfully found a print for me and framed it for us.
This beautiful/touching book, which now sits on my side table next to my reading chair in our bedroom, is from one of my dearest friends in the whole world. She knows the depth of pain caused when losing a child (having lost their first precious baby at 6 days old, followed by 2 miscarriages). This book helped her through some of her hardest days, it's called, "Mommy Please Don't Cry...There Are No Tears in Heaven".
Each of these little somethings are as unique and special as the people who bestowed these sweet gifts. They provide encouragement and a smile as I go throughout each day.
I am incredibly thankful for our dear friends and family and the love they have poured unto us...especially during this time in our journey.
Lovely blessings, indeed.
1 comment:
How fun to catch a glimpse inside your home. You have a lot of people that really love you a lot. :) You are a special girl!
Post a Comment