My awesome mother-in-law came to the rescue once again for me today! She called this morning. She had the day off and would I be interested in her watching the boys so I could work out...Umm, as you can guess, "YES!!!" was my response.
So, I loaded the boys into the car and head off over the streets and through the woods to grandmother's house. We arrived safely although there was only one thing missing when we arrived. My gym clothes.
Change of plans. She still was very willing to watch the boys. I was still very willing to have her watch the boys.
Not able to work out I thought of something else that I could do that would be special just for myself. A cozy chair at Starbucks and a good magazine were calling my name.
No sooner had I pulled into the parking lot of Starbucks and gotten out of my car did I realize that I could also go to the ice cream shop right near my car (actually, closer to my car than even Starbucks). So, that's JUST what I did! I got a HUGE cone (waffle) (chocolate dipped) (with sprinkles). And I did not have to share it!!! :)
Ahh. The good life!
So, then it hits me. Instead of working out (shedding the unwanted calories of the day) I LOAD UP on calories.
A little guilt ridden after the HUGE ice cream cone I headed back to the car. Should I STILL do Starbucks too??? After all, it IS a special time to pamper!!
So, yes! I DID go to Starbucks!!! However, I only ordered hot peppermint tea to drink. Partially since I had ALMOST no room left ANYWHERE to put that liquid inside me. Somehow it slipped through the cracks of the ice cream in my tummy and left a wonderful and refreshing after taste as well.
I sipped and browsed through a Coastal Living magazine. It was heaven!
After that I went up to a close friend's house to visit for a bit before she took off on a trip for 10 days. She mentioned that she did not know how she'd get the whole house vacuumed and pack before she left.
It hit me! I could help my friend by vacuuming her house AND perhaps "work out" too in the process! :) Win, win!!
I LOVE it when things like that work out! I believe that I was successful in the "canceling out" process today. But even more than that, I got precious time ALONE, had a sweet treat, Starbucks, and priceless time with my good friend! :)
It was indeed a GREAT day!
1 comment:
It WAS a great day. Thanks again for vacuuming! It was so good to spend time with you, dear.
Love, Cessy
Post a Comment