Monday, April 14, 2008

Reflection of the Past 2 Years

" 'For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
~ Jeremiah 29:11


Music is a powerful tool. At times it serves to recall memories and gently place them into the forefront of our minds.

Just this evening I was driving along when a song came on and immediately brought me back to where I was and what we were going through 2 years ago. It was 2 years ago when I first heard the song. The song is about God's promise when the rain pours down and the floods rise -- God WILL be there for those who put their trust in Him.

Wow, 2 years later I can say, that promise IS ever true!

Two years ago I was deep in the throws of the grieving process. We had learned that I had a miscarried pregnancy. I ended up loosing that precious baby the week of Valentine's. The pain was unbelievable. Jesus was there to comfort and carry me through that very dark time in my life.

Right after this time my husband was notified that his company would be closing down the office branch that he had only 2 short years before left his home state and extended family for. We'd been relocated across the country to grow and expand his office. He had hired and trained many people -- pouring much time and energy into faithfully doing just as he'd been charged to do.

This news was really difficult on many levels. Delivering this news of the branch shutting down to his new colleagues was indeed very challenging and heart wrenching. However, it seemed just as difficult to break the news to our dear neighbors and church family in our newly established town. We had really started putting roots down only to have them seemingly ripped up so quickly.

These very special people had become our family. It still moves me to tears when I think of how far away we are to our wonderful friends now that we have returned home back across the country again. We will never forget these friends and the precious time in our lives that we shared.

Now, 2 years later, we can see just how God was (and is) working through these painful times.

Never would we have met these amazing people otherwise. A few of them still remain some of our dearest friends in life.

Our 10 month old baby would not be here on this earth if I had not miscarried...I can't begin to imagine life without our Peppin! He brings us so much joy! (Please understand, this is not to say that we would not want our sweet baby we lost. I can not wait until we can meet our sweet little one in heaven!).

We are also back in my husband's home state with his parents, brother and extended family. It's truly wonderful to be with them again!

God is still working in many ways in our lives as we continue to seek Him and His desires for us individually and as a family.

I do pause and wonder what the next 2 years will hold!

God DOES have a plan for each of us. He deeply desires that we stick with Him through the dark and painful valleys as well as the highest mountain tops. He wants us to have a future and a hope! That's a beautiful image!

(I've included some pictures of the spring 2 years ago.)


Easter 2006


Mr.T and cousin (who looks JUST like Peppin!)

Playgroup


Mother's Day 2006

Our Old House

1 comment:

Renee said...

We miss you so much!! But I am so glad that you are able to see God's faithfulness. What a precious, faithful lady you are! Love the pics!