Friday, April 11, 2008

Priceless Gift of Time

Time. We are sometimes so limited by time and the amazing shortage of it in each day.

Today my mother-in-law gave me the gift of time. Such a gift was invaluable and could not come at a better time for me. She came and picked up the kids so that I could have from noon until 6:30 pm to myself! Our car was in the shop so I was on my own -- at home. Just the way I wanted it!

Time just to myself at home was so amazing and foreign to me. What would I do? Where would I start first? ALL the options came flooding through my mind.

I decided that whatever I did do I wanted to do REALLY well with all the time in the world devoted to greatness. I started at the front door and worked my way through the house. All the while singing and dancing to music on our stereo -- LOUDLY, just because I could! :)

The windows were open and the beautiful smell of our spring flowers hitched a ride through the house on the tail of subtle breezes throughout the afternoon. There's just nothing quite like a freshly clean house with the natural smell of spring to add it's sweetness.

Although there is always more to do, I feel so satisfied knowing that things got more organized and cleaned than they have in a while.

Although there are only 24 hours in each day, today I felt as though each moment was stretched just a bit longer. It was refreshing indeed.

1 comment:

jrteacherlady said...

Happy anniversary!!! I agree that time is so precious and mothers/inlaw are wonderful! Reggie and I actually went on a DATE tonight while Gramma and Grampa babysat!!!!!! Dinner and a movie, it was a real treat:)