Today he left me a message saying that he would be home on good time tonight from work and could we go for a drive, take a little hike and have a nice riverside picnic dinner with the boys...did I mention that he also wanted to pick up dinner for us on the way?!
Yep, this was the rainbow I have been waiting for...and the pot of gold too!
We had a very peaceful time eating dinner on the beach just sitting on a soft blanket as we listened to the soothing sound of the river trickling by us. The boys also loved the change of environment and had the time of their lives eating their special corn dogs...
...exploring the riverbank...
...then walking through the river with Daddy.
As the sun set upon the river, the surrounding autumn leaves seemed to take on a more dramatic contrast to the dimming light. Somehow their golden colors became more vibrant in the colorful hues cast upon them from the sky. The feeling captured in these moments was nothing short of magical.
So, if THIS is what a pot of gold consists of when you reach the rainbow's end...I think I have arrived. And I could definitely stay and soak it all in for a while too.
What a great way to end the day, and begin a new week.
1 comment:
Beautiful!!! I'm so happy that you had a peaceful, beautiful family night together which was much needed. Soak it in, remember it, and live in its memories in the days to come!
Post a Comment