Friday, May 22, 2009

Afterglow of Aloha

As the week stretches on and I'm attempting to get back into the swing of things after vacation, I feel as though my body still remains in Hawaiian time. The slow, relaxed pace has really stuck with me. Hawaii has permeated much deeper in me than the touch of tan that serves as a reminder on my sunkissed face.

This is both good and bad.

Good when the boys are continually pushing my buttons to get attention and I just chuckle at how silly they are, bad when I have a seemingly endless laundry piles that fills our entire laundry room and yet I just am not motivated to pick up where I left off before Hawaii.

One thing is for sure, I am feeling a refreshed sense of love and joy as I watch my boys go about their day. It was really nice to get to the point of missing them and also to the point of appreciating them once more.

I still, in some ways, feel like I am on this white sand beach that stretches on for miles, sand and sky all aglow with deep hues of pink and yellow.

So...the laundry will get done when it gets done...and I will attempt to live in the afterglow of Aloha a little longer.

1 comment:

Miller Moments said...

It sounds like you came back from your vacation with a beautiful attitude! :) I'm so glad you had a fun time. And I love your pictures!!