Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rest and Renewal in the Garden

This time of year is packed with weddings, babies, showers, birthdays, parties, out of town visitors, etc. All beautiful things in themselves...

However, many days I find myself hardly able to find time to take deep breaths and relax in the midst of keeping up with daily life, plus anything extra...I am learning that I need to MAKE that time each day.

In my devotion book, Jesus Calling, written by Sarah Young, I am reminded just how much Jesus longs for me to do just that. With Him.

This is written as though Jesus is telling us how much He longs for us and loves us. This part gripped me and has been echoing in my mind ever since:
~ Bring me your mind for rest and renewal...As your mind stops racing, your body relaxes and you regain awareness of Me...I want you to walk with me in the garden of your heart, where I have taken up permanent residence. ~


"Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O Lord." Psalm 89:15

I want to want this deeply. Dear Jesus, I would like to join you in the garden...thank you, thank you, for already being there.

2 comments:

Miller Moments said...

Beautiful words and amazing photos!

Kelly said...

thank you for this encouragement! we also have SO much GOOD stuff going on right now, but i find that when i don't make that time to spend alone with Him, it all becomes stressful to me instead. ugh. take His hand and enjoy the garden!