Tonight as I was tucking T into bed and praying with him, he asked me if God could come down from heaven for his 4th birthday on Thursday. I smiled and told him that someday everyone who asks Jesus to forgive them of all their sin and come into their hearts to be their Savior will be able to live forever in heaven with God.
I then kissed his sweet forehead and walked to the door. It was then that I heard a soft voice say, "But I want to pray". So I went back to his bed side and specifically asked what he wanted to pray for. He said that he wanted to pray for Jesus to be in his heart. I explained what that really meant. He just began praying out loud and talking to God so candidly like he's never done before. He asked for Jesus to come into his heart and that he was sorry for all the bad things he has done.
I could hardly contain my tears of joy! I know that he prayed this prayer with his whole heart as earnestly as an almost 4 year old can..and God knows that too.
After telling my husband about T, he went and talked to and prayed with him for a long time. Although I don't know the words that were exchanged, I know that it was a very special moment between them before God.
As the days, weeks, months and years go on, I pray that we will really do our best to clarify to T the significance of his decision to make Jesus the Lord of his life on this earth and for all eternity.
There is indeed a PARTY in heaven tonight as the throne room echos with rejoicing as the angels and God celebrate another member into the Kingdom of heaven!!
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." ~ John 3:16-17
7 comments:
Julianne-
What a way to start the morning, reading your post! I am sitting here with tears of joy streaming down my face and remembering my own prayer to God at the age of 4. What a blessing to come to Christ so young and in the words of Wesley Horne at Calvin's baptism "May he come to the Lord at a young age and never remember a time he we did not love the Lord." Taylor is there what a sweet moment.
In Him,
Amy, Clint, Calvin and Isaac
How beautiful! I agree with Amy, what a wonderful way to start the day....to read about your son. Indeed the angels are rejoicing!
wow. WOW. how sweet for you ALL! thanks for sharing this!
Tears of JOY - what a sweet, incredible life-chaning moment!!! This made my day :). Thanks so much for sharing!!
Yaaay! The best news! Brian also came to know the Lord at the age of 4. Love, Cessy
OH my JA, What a great celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Praise God and cry with you my dear cousin!
God will use Taylor to make his love known!!
Angei
Praise the Lord!! We are rejoicing with Him and you!
Post a Comment