A few days ago I read a beautiful poem. It reminded me that no matter the problem I am facing, I simply need to lay it at the foot of the cross and allow Jesus to take it.
As I imagined this image I was so moved at the reality of Jesus being capable to handle anything I bring to Him -- no matter how heavy.
At the foot of the cross.
This image was still fresh in my mind and heart the next day at church when T decided to check out the huge cross we have in the front of the sanctuary, (after the service had ended, of course).
Note, this is a full sized cross made of thick, heavy wood.
He leaned on it from behind -- sending it flying forward.
In my rush to try to save the cross from crashing to the ground I did not think of where I had placed myself. I can still see it in slow motion...my foot...the cross.
It was not pretty.
(A new take on being "at the foot of the cross".)
I did manage to keep it from hitting the ground. However, my unsuspecting foot is what took the heavy blow.
(And I'm thankful that it was me and not a child that it happened to fall on! We immediately then found weights to hold down the stand.)
Just the day before I had this powerful image of laying at the foot of the cross, now, the cross was laying on me!
Here's the scratched and swollen foot that bears the reminder of what it looks like to have a foot carry the burden of the cross:
And now, I no longer have to wonder...I really know for sure that I much prefer laying my burdens down at the foot of the cross, not the other way around. :)
3 comments:
Poor girl! Poor foot! Much better to have the image in your mind and heart than on your actual foot. I'm hoping for swift healing--but also know that the impression will be long lasting!
Oh, sweet sister. Sometimes the Lord just conks us over the head (or over the foot, as the case may be!)
OH OWE, the irony of it all too!
Post a Comment