Friday, December 11, 2009

Sprinkles of Sweetness




This evening was filled with an extra sprinkling of sweetness.

After dinner the boys decided to play really nicely with each other -- always a welcome treat around here.  Simultaneously, my sweet-toothed husband pulled out the cookbook:


and whipped up a tasty treat!




I'll be honest, this day was another challenging one, just adding to the rest of the week.

More grieving, more processing things I would really rather not.  Being surrounded by pregnant friends talking about their pregnancies and hearing about newborn babies is something I would normally embrace -- but not this week, yet it happened none the less.  I can't escape it, it's literally everywhere I turn.  Why does such a beautiful thing have to be the most painful thing to me right now?!

In light of that, I can think of no better way to end the work week than on this sweet note with my dear husband and boys.  




Thank You, Lord, I needed this, deeply.

2 comments:

Miller Moments said...

There is a lot of love in those pictures! I'm sorry for your hard day. Take care friend!

Fishy_Fam said...

Love you, sweet sister. My little bits of Light continue to shine in the darkness. Love you so much!