On a day when the rain continues to fall as though there is no limit to the source from which it comes, (this event would normally dampen my spirits a bit), but I am so excited and encouraged by all the comments about potty training! Thanks to the input from everyone I decided to put together a plan for PT that involves making sure he's ready and testing it out.
It was a great start to the PT experience today in spite of the rocky start to the morning. Our 2 year-old (commonly known as "Mr. T") and I were up in the middle of the night together, "bonding" I guess you could say, as he suffered a bad fit of asthma egged on by a cold that seems to be turning into croup. We were both really exhausted today so I did not go full force with the PT for both our sakes.
However, we did talk a great deal about it this morning, read an Elmo book on the subject AND even sat on his Elmo potty seat for what seemed like an eternity. Great start!
This afternoon Mr. T walked by the bathroom as I was going and when I flushed he informed me: "Mommy gets a treat!"...I took that as a sign that he gets the idea (if nothing else, he gets the reward part of it!). :) Great start!
This incessant rain and dreary weather can be depressing but there is also a flip side as well. There is abundant growth that comes from substantial rainfalls (or soft showers)...that is indeed a beautiful thing! One of my dear friends also experienced rain today in her part of the world and shared a verse that I found SO uplifting and fitting for our neck of the woods as well. Thank you, Renee, for sharing this lovely verse!
Psalm 65:8-10
They who dwell in the ends of the earth stand in awe of Your signs;
You make the dawn and the sunset shout for joy.
You visit the earth and cause it to overflow;
You greatly enrich it;
The stream of God is full of water;
You prepare their grain, for thus You prepare the earth.
You water its furrows abundantly,
You settle its ridges,
You soften it with showers,
You bless its growth.
No comments:
Post a Comment