Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bad Case of the Grumpies

It may have even been visible from the air...the thick, black cloud that hovered over our house today. The boys, (and I), had a bad case of the grumpies. No matter what they seemed to play with, it would trigger one or both boys to erupt in tears or frustration. All I wanted to do was a load of laundry, but it seemed nearly impossible between being a ref during fights or trying to console and wipe tears. This went on for a LONG time.

As I was attempting to put away some clean clothes, our little one went into his closet where I was and begged to wear his Tigger costume. Hey, why not?! Perhaps it will make him smile...at least for a moment. He proudly wore it to show his older brother. I knew that would lead to wanting the fire man outfit too.

I could not believe what I witnessed. The moment that they became someone else, they played beautifully together and were actually REALLY happy! Who knew?!

So now, I am searching for my Cinderella costume so that I too can join in this fun! :)

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Okay, that first picture is priceless (seriously priceless!). We had the grumpies at our house this morning, too. I had to chase them away (they've been hanging around too much lately), so I told A to leave them in the shower. She mostly did. :) Changing identities or washing them away can do wonders for the grumpies, eh?

Renee said...

Look at that sweet pouty face. You never know what will lift their spirits. Glad you found the bull's eye!!