Thursday, April 2, 2009

Highlights of the Week

As I aim to treasure and document special moments with my boys, I want to record a few highlights from this week.

On Monday afternoon after naps, I turned on some music in the family room and the three of us just danced our hearts out! One song in particular had an awesome beat and our youngest wanted me to hold him and dance. I scooped him up into my arms and he immediately pressed his warm cheek into mine to achieve the effect that he's most fond of...his desire is to be "closer than skin". His cheek felt softer than velvet and his smile was as big as I have even seen. It was pure joy!

On Tuesday morning, I gave Mr. T permission to open our baby's bedroom door and say good morning to Peppin while I finished getting ready. A minute later I went in to join them and found both boys lying down together in our baby's crib. Mr. T had gotten his step stool from the bathroom and used it to hoist his way over the side. They were both SO content just simply laying together and were being so quiet and still (which is SO rare for them!) enjoying each other's presence. What a beautiful sight!

This week has had some lows as I push through my husband's absence as he travels, but God has been faithful to provide my awesome in-laws to help out tremendously. This has helped me make it through.

It's amazing now that I am searching out beautiful things to remember each day about my boys, I have found my heart uplifted and more thankful. I think I have also been made more aware of just how precious they are...and that's something I really do want on the forefront of my mind.

This week has not been easy, but it's been good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Julie Anne, I just found my way to your blog, only to discover you've been on your own this week! It sounds like Jack and Kathy helped some? Oh, my dear, is Chris back yet? HOW ARE YOU? I know you are finding a way to be wonderful with the boys, but I know first-hand what a toll it is taking on you. And yet you manage to keep your eyes and focus so God-centered in the midst--vital for survival, but when it's also the hardest. I have tremendous admiration for you. God bless you, Julie Anne. Will he be traveling again right away, or will you get a break for a bit? I hope so. I love you, darling. Momma

Marianne said...

Jemmy -
Whew, I can't imagine the fatigue. Thanks for uplifting us with the sweet stories. So proud of you, girl!
M-

Renee said...

It is so hard to maintain family life without Daddy. Praying for you today!