Thursday, April 30, 2009

S'mores on an April Evening

We enjoyed a fun April evening last night. Yesterday night was the first time we had not gone somewhere or entertained for dinner since last Wednesday night! So, we broke out the chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows for some good old fashioned s'mores with our fire pit!



~ A HUGE thank you to all who commented last entry. I can't tell you how uplifting and encouraging it is to read each of the comments and take the advice to heart. Thank you for taking the time to pause and help...I sincerely pray that I can do that for you when you need it too.

Things are plugging along with our little one this week. A baby step for me has been making the effort to be intentional about making sure I take deep breaths, relax, and pray as much as possible as we go about each day. I've been so tense which only makes me more exhausted. I CAN do this...day by day. Thankfully, the Lord broke each day into only 24 hours...I don't think I could handle much more than that!

1 comment:

J.E.Oppenheim said...

Hello, my darling! Yes, we've talked about this. The days are like forever long, but once you get through them, the weeks fly by! It's a mystery.

Your friends had some very good ideas about minimizing the battles, but I still KNOW Preston, and that when he didn't get his plate of food when he wanted it, he moved the TABLE and took MINE.

This is not just a 2-year-old. This is a super-strong and super-creative dynamo who is determined to defeat you every waking minute that he is not eating or playing (we must pray for something to occupy his mind in the various battle zones--other than tormenting you!).

I also know the 2-year-old part will pass and will ease up. If you keep surviving one day after another after another until he is maybe 2.5 or so. Since he started early, maybe we can hope for an early departure from the worst of it...