This week's warm weather and sunshine has been stunning! Out we emerge from a long winter's nap into the wild outdoors again! And here to welcome us in our backyard are our froggy friends!
This year our little one can also participate in gently holding these frogs too (with great supervision!).
I really enjoy watching our oldest interact with the frogs. He softly talks to them and carefully enjoys them, then places them inside a plant after a few minutes. He takes this kind of play very seriously. I love the respect he has for them.
Of course, also in the mix this week was the annual baptizing of the truck...
3 comments:
I have heard your froggy friends, and I know how resonant their sounds are. Since my best thoughts are impossible (earplugs and/or earmuffs), perhaps we can hope for a short and sweet courting season for our amphibian romeos?
Your loving, upbeat attitude is all the more inspiring in light of nights of frog songs! God grant you tons of grace, and sleep despite the serenades.
Oh, fun! Your pictures make me FEEL summer coming...
I see the trees turning green and the grass greening up and I can almost hear the droning of cicadas and lawnmowers again outside. I love the way the light looks at the beginning of the summer, while everything is still lush.
By fall I'm so ready for the cool weather, and everything that was green is almost gray in the heat and drought of late summer. But now in spring, I can almost smell, taste, and feel that cold hose-water - and hear the splashing and squealing that come with it! :)
Have fun with those precious babies. :)
I'm amazed those frogs are willing to be held by little hands! Extra friendly frogs?
I can hear their croaking now. :)
Post a Comment