It's moments like when this picture was taken that I am amazed just how like-minded my boys can be -- in spite the fact that their personalities could not be more different!
Lately they have been working on projects together like building "forests" with the couch pillows or racing on a "race track" with their cars through the house. The teamwork and friendship that I see being built is deep while remaining playful. How they can wrestle in the name of a hug is beyond me, but I am told that's just boys doing their "bonding".
Several things this past week with the boys were just begging to be documented for memory's sake. Here's my attempt.
Our little one, (22 months old), is now really wanting to be grown up in his ways. Physically, this means that he is now opening ALL doors. Up until now, my one and only saving grace with our VERY active toddler was that he could not reach the door handles. The world has really opened up to him. Yikes!
Also, there's been growth in his communication as he has begun taking on sentences. Some of my favorites include: "I eat 'teetza" (pizza) for dinner!!" and "Here "ah" (it) is, I "foun" (found) it!"
His older brother is also sharpening his skills, however, his are on the lines of mastering kindness with his words. One of my favorite things he's ever said happened in the car last Saturday. The boys were side by side in their car seats. He turned to our littlest and said, "Bud, you have the greatest smile". Although it went right over our baby's head, it melted my heart! Well said, Mr. T! :)
I LOVE this teamwork!
No comments:
Post a Comment